Data Management & Privacy Compliance
Data Mapping and Data Remediation
Our lawyers and technologists leverage their experience with a diverse array of client systems, data sources, and platforms to help clients create and maintain data maps as part of their broader privacy and data security compliance programs as mandated by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), and other state data privacy and breach laws.
Data Breach Response Discovery
Our lawyers and technologists couple their technology-assisted review acumen with their exposure to a diverse array of client systems, data sources, and platforms to guide clients through the prompt detection and analysis of personally identifiable information as required by breach notification laws. We also assist insurance clients as a preferred provider for repeatable processes and workflows leveraging technology-assisted document review to assist insureds whose security incidents require data-intensive analysis. Our services include:
- coordinating with breach counsel and forensics teams to isolate and collect potentially relevant documents
- using custom technology solutions and knowledge of the client and its data sources to identify and isolate documents likely to contain Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- leveraging technology-assisted review and managed review workflows to confirm whether the documents have PII
- using custom reporting tools to extract the necessary information to assist breach counsel with identifying individuals whose information may have been accessed and who may require notice depending on the nature of the information exposed and the state laws implicated
- generating the necessary contact and reporting details into a format that can be delivered to the notification provider
Managed eDiscovery Services: Powered by eMerge
Many of our clients with consistent eDiscovery needs across a larger portfolio of matters seek to reduce their aggregate eDiscovery costs by insourcing or outsourcing some of these services. Our eDiscovery Managed Services solution empowers our clients to have a “do it yourself” eDiscovery program that is backed and supported by our team, technology, and processes. Importantly, we give our clients the flexibility to determine which aspects of the process they would like to manage internally and which aspects they would prefer that we handle.
eMerge eDiscovery Managed Services clients benefit by using eMerge’s own customizations to Relativity, including workflows, checklists, applications, and templates that are routinely updated by our team to reflect changes in the law and technology. We offer custom packages and pricing based on how our clients use our services.
Our eDiscovery Managed Services clients also benefit from access to:
- eMerge proprietary guides and checklists for performing eDiscovery services, including guides for leveraging Microsoft Office 365 Security & Compliance Center functionality
- tailored on-site CLEs and training programs for their eDiscovery teams
- on-demand access to our library of past eDiscovery CLEs
- custom reporting options across the portfolio and at the matter level
- our annual training program for all outside merits counsel
- the eMerge eDiscovery Fellowship Program
- litigation readiness assessments