Sixteen Troutman Pepper Practices Earn National Recognition in 2022 Legal 500 US Rankings
Jun 22 2022
Troutman Pepper earned 16 nationwide practice rankings in The Legal 500 United States 2022, an independent ranking authority of law firms around the world. The U.S. edition also recognized 51 Troutman Pepper attorneys in its editorial commentary for their standout practice contributions. View all firm rankings.
“[Troutman Pepper offers a] strong value proposition for a larger firm,” one client told researchers with The Legal 500. “Partners are pulled in when expertise and experience are needed to ensure quality, but associates are trusted to do much of the work and represent the firm with some autonomy. I’ve been consistently impressed by the quality of the associates. The firm also applies resources to emerging topics and is therefore equipped to provide expertise and context as these topics become mainstream.”
Troutman Pepper was ranked in the following nationwide practice areas:
- Antitrust: Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Dispute resolution: E-discovery
- Dispute resolution: Product liability, mass tort and class action: pharmaceuticals and medical devices: defense
- Finance: Commercial lending: advice to borrowers
- Finance: Project finance: Advice to borrowers
- Finance: Project finance: Advice to lenders
- Industry focus: Energy regulation: conventional power
- Industry focus: Energy regulation: oil and gas
- Industry focus: Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Industry focus: Environment: litigation
- Industry focus: Environment: regulatory
- Industry focus: Environment: transactional
- Industry focus: Insurance: advice to insurers
- M&A/corporate and commercial: M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Real Estate: Construction (including construction litigation)
- Real Estate: Real estate
Notably, Troutman Pepper also earned a “Firms to Watch” distinction in the Government: Government relations area.
The Legal 500 assesses the strengths of law firms in more than 150 jurisdictions, highlighting the practice area teams that provide “the most cutting edge and innovative advice to corporate counsel.” Research is based on client feedback, law firm submissions, and interviews with private practice attorneys.